The hosting costs of websites on this system have historically been covered by advertising. However changes in the way people use the internet, including ad-blocking mean that the revenues no longer cover the expenses. For this reason we will be closing this website within the next two months unless we can find a different model. If any users of the site would be interested in the possibility of taking this incredible archive or pictures and comments over including paying for hosting, please get in touch
Killearnan Free Church
Killearnan Free Church was built around 1860. The building is a substantial one built with the local Tarradale stone. The congregation must have been large in the early days – pews were crammed into every corner, all numbered, including those in the gallery upstairs. The high pulpit enabled the minister to address the whole company from an elevated position.
In 2004 the redundant church was bought by Clare Blois and her husband, and has been converted into a high quality gallery space.
Picture added on 03 February 2005
Killearnan Free Church - Ross-Shire